Friday, July 16, 2010

Programs for layouts?

I know alot of people who make their own layouts. I want to knwo what type of program I would need to do that and which would you consider is the best? I do not really care for pre-made layouts and I want to make my own. Please help!

Programs for layouts?
The same programs that make regular web pages also make templates since a template is basically just another web page.





You can also use graphic design programs like Photoshop and PhotoImpact and create your full page graphic and slice it into pieces and generate the HTML code.





I have two designers who help me a lot and they often will make their own templates. When we use Joomla it's quite easy to design your own template. Joomla is Content Management System that makes it very easy to setup an entire website.





For today's modern and industry standard web pages you use a mix of HTML, XHTML, CSS and graphic design programs. I personally enjoy using Microsoft's Expression Web and Frontpage and Dreamweaver.





One of the best ways to learn is by studying some of those templates that look nice to you and see how they created them by viewing the source HTML and CSS code. That will given you an idea how to get started and what's required.





Below are some helpful source links for you.





Good Luck!
Reply:Macramedia Dreamweaver





Microsoft FrontPage





or use the free notepad in accessories, when save on notepad sav as "filename".html


No comments:

Post a Comment